We’re happy to report that Stockton’s BIG Challenge will be returning in June this year! The Challenge will be running from 1st to the 30th June, it’s free to join and aims to encourage the residents and those working in Stockton to make more of their journeys by Active Travel (Walking, Cycling & Public Transport). Everytime you walk more than 5 minutes or cycle further than a mile you can log your journey onto the website. Whether that’s taking the dog for a walk or just popping to the shops. They all count! The total mileage, c02 saved and equivalent number of parmos burned will be totaled up for you and there’s some great rewards for taking part!
These include a raffle at the end of the challenge where some great locally sourced prizes are available.
- Evening meal for 2 at Vadah Indian Restaurant
- Family Swimming & Ice Skating tickets
- Family tickets to a Sheep Shearing event at RSPB Saltholme
- A GRN T-shirt manufactured in Britain from Bamboo
- Skinnergate Cycles & Halfords Vouchers
- White Water Rafting Trip for 2
- 4 Tickets to a comedy event at ARC Stockton Arts Centre
- River Cruise on the Teesside Princess
- Tea for 2 at Café Infinity
- A year’s bike servicing at the Hub
Plus all participants gain access to a code for a 20% discount at the Stockton, Bridge Road store at Halfords and a 20% off at GRNbikewear.com
If you like, you can also register your workplace and get colleagues involved in active travel with some great benefits for the individuals and the employer. There are posters available for putting up in your workplace & e-mails for sending round to staff as well as How to Guides on registering yourself, your workplace and logging your journeys all available on the website.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Chris on 01642 803441 or firstname.lastname@example.org